Sexanet (megestrol acetate) – contraceptive for cats and dogs for sale
Sexanet 5 ml for cats is an effective, high-quality domestic preparation for use in veterinary medicine. Can be used for pets, including cats. During the production of the drug, scientific research works on the effect of product components on animal health were used and, based on the research results, a high-quality, safe and effective veterinary drug was created.
Benefits of the drug
- High efficiency.
- Quality and safety.
- Domestic manufacturer.
- Affordable price.
Homogeneous yellowish suspension.
1 ml of the drug contains the active ingredient:
megestrol acetate – 40.0 mg.
Excipients: polyethylene glycol, polysorbate, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate, citric acid, sodium citrate, sucrose.
Megestrol acetate is a synthetic progestogen that blocks the secretion of gonadotropic follicle-stimulating hormones (FSH) and luteinizing (LH) hormones produced by the anterior pituitary gland. With a lack of these hormones, the maturation of follicles in the ovaries of females is delayed, as a result of which estrus and sexual desire in animals cease. By suppressing the secretion of gonadotropic hormones and delaying ovulation, megestrol provides an antigonadotropic effect, clinically manifested by the retention of estrus, and a progestogenic effect by direct action on the endometrium of the uterus, which causes its secretory phase, due to which implantation of the embryo is inhibited and the contraceptive properties of the drug are provided.
In males, under the influence of megestrol, testosterone synthesis is blocked, as a result of which their sexual activity decreases and the related: anxiety, increased excitability and aggressive behavior.
Megestrol acetate is rapidly absorbed in the intestine and reaches its maximum concentration in blood plasma after three hours. It is metabolized in the liver and excreted from the body in the form of metabolites, mainly in the urine within 1-2 days.
For cats and bitches for the purpose of preventing or stopping heat and / or preventing unwanted pregnancy.
For males and males with the aim of suppressing sexual desire, as well as correcting undesirable behavior (increased excitability, aggressiveness, a tendency to wander, etc.).
Pigs in order to prevent estrus and / or synchronization of sexual estrus.
Orally with food or forcibly directly into the mouth on the root of the tongue:
- to prevent estrus – 4 drops (0.125 ml) every two weeks, or 2 drops (0.0625 ml) every week, but not more than 18 months;
- to stop estrus – 4 drops (0.125 ml) daily, for 3-5 days, until the manifestations of estrus disappear (starting no later than the third day after the manifestation of signs of sexual arousal);
- as a contraceptive – 4 drops (0.125 ml), on the first day after mating;
- to prevent estrus – 4 drops (0.125 ml) per 10 kg of body weight daily starting 7-10 days before its onset, but not more than four weeks;
- to stop estrus – 8 drops (0.5 ml) per 10 kg of body weight, during the first three days after the manifestation of signs of sexual arousal and 4 drops (0.125 ml) during the next day;
- as a contraceptive – 8 drops (0.5 ml) per 10 kg of body weight, daily in the first two days after mating;
- for synchronization of sexual heat in the main sows – 4 drops (0.125 ml) per 10 kg of body weight daily for 14 days. For gilts, the drug is given in a double dose. After discontinuation of the drug, the phase of sexual arousal occurs simultaneously in all sows after 42-43 days;
- to prevent sexual arousal in fattening gilts, 2 weeks after the previous sexual arousal, 8 drops (0.5 ml) per 10 kg of body weight are given daily for 10-14 days in a row;
- for sedation during sexual arousal – 4 drops (0.125 ml) during the first 5-7 days, followed by repetition in the same dose once every 7 days;
- for sedation during sexual arousal – 8 drops (0.5 ml) per 10 kg of body weight, daily for the first 5 days, followed by a two-fold decrease in the daily dose (up to 0.25 ml per 10 kg of body weight) for another week until full tranquility.
Do not use for diseases of the reproductive system (pyometra, metritis, endometritis, etc.), breast tumors, diabetes, immature, pregnant and lactating animals. It is not recommended to use the drug if more than 3 days have passed after the onset of estrus and young animals are in the first estrus due to the difficulty of determining the beginning of the cycle.
Slaughter of animals for meat (pigs) is allowed 14 days after the last use of the drug. The meat obtained before the specified period is disposed of or fed to unproductive animals, depending on the conclusion of a veterinary doctor.
With prolonged use of the drug, a change in character, an increase in the mammary glands, an increase in appetite and a related increase in the body weight of the animal are possible.
Polyethylene vials with a dropper or glass or polymer vials with an added dropper stopper of 2.5, 5 ml.
A dry, dark place is out of reach of children at temperatures from 4 ° C to 25 ° C.
Shelf life is 2 years.
The shelf life after opening (selection) is 1 month, provided that it is tightly closed and stored at a temperature of 4 ° C to 8 ° C.