Telazol, 100 mg ( Tiletamine, Zolazepam ) – 5ml
1. Trade name of the medicinal product: Telazol 100 mg (Telazol).
International non-proprietary name: tiletamine, zolazepam.
2. Dosage form: lyophilized powder for solution for injection.
1 ml of the prepared solution for injection of the drug Telazol 100 mg contains: 50 mg of tiletamine (in the form of tiletamine hydrochloride) and 50 mg of zolazepam (in the form of zolazepam hydrochloride), as well as excipients: 57.7 mg of mannitol.
In appearance, the powder is a freeze-dried mass from white to amber. After reconstitution, the drug is a clear, colorless to slightly amber solution.
3. Telazol 100 is produced in the form of a freeze-dried powder, packaged in glass vials with a capacity of 10 ml, sealed with rubber stoppers, reinforced with aluminum caps. The bottle is packed in a cardboard box. Each box with the drug contains instructions for its use.
4. Store the medicinal product in the manufacturer’s sealed packaging, in a dry, dark place, separate from food and feed at a temperature of 20 C to 25 C. The shelf life of the medicinal product, subject to storage conditions in a sealed package, is 2 years from the date of manufacture … After dissolving the drug, the finished solution can be stored for 4 days – at room temperature and within 14 days – when stored in the refrigerator. It is necessary to inject only clear solutions.
It is forbidden to use the medicinal product after the expiration date.
5. The medicinal product should be stored out of the reach of children.
6. Unused medicinal product with an expired shelf life is disposed of in accordance with legal requirements.
II. Pharmacological properties
7. Telazol 100 mg belongs to complex anesthetics.
Tiletamine hydrochloride is a dissociative anesthetic that has a pronounced analgesic effect, but does not cause sufficient muscle relaxation. Tiletamine hydrochloride does not suppress swallowing, laryngeal, cough reflexes, does not depress the respiratory center.
Zolazepam hydrochloride is a benzodiazepine tranquilizer that inhibits the subcortical regions of the brain, causing anxiolytic and sedative effects, as well as relaxation of skeletal muscles. Zolazepam hydrochloride enhances the anesthetic effect of tiletamine hydrochloride. It also prevents the onset of seizures caused by tiletamine hydrochloride, improves muscle relaxation and accelerates recovery from anesthesia.
The time of the onset of anesthesia after intramuscular administration of Telazol is individual, therefore, after the injection of the drug, careful observation of the animal should be established.
In cats, the onset of action of Telazol 100 mg after intramuscular administration is noted after 1.5-6 minutes. The recovery period after anesthesia varies from 1 to 1.5 hours.
In dogs, the onset of action of Telazol 100 mg after intramuscular administration is noted after 7-8 minutes. The recovery period is up to 4 hours.
Plasma half-life of tiletamine in dogs is 1.2 hours, and that of zolazepam is 1 hour. In cats, the half-life of tiletamine is 2.5 hours, and that of zolazepam is 4.5 hours.
The active ingredients of Telazol 100 mg are metabolized in the liver and excreted in the urine. According to the degree of impact on the body, Telazol belongs to moderately hazardous substances (hazard class 3 according to GOST 12.1.007-76).
III. Application procedure
8. Telazol 100 mg is used for general anesthesia in diagnostic procedures and surgical interventions in dogs and cats.
9. Telazol 100 mg is contraindicated for animals with diseases of the pancreas, with severe dysfunctions of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, hypertension. For animals with kidney disease, the dose should be reduced. It is forbidden to apply to pregnant animals. Since the drug crosses the placenta and can cause respiratory depression in the fetus, it is prohibited to use the drug for caesarean section.
10. Before using Telazol 100 mg, it is recommended to follow a fasting diet for at least 12 hours before injection.
11. 15 minutes before using Telazol 100 mg for premedication, it is recommended to inject atropine sulfate subcutaneously at a dose: dogs – 0.1 mg / kg of animal weight, cats – 0.05 mg / kg of animal weight.
12. Immediately before use, 5 ml of water for injection is injected into the bottle with the drug Telazol 100 mg in compliance with the rules of asepsis. Water for injection is purchased separately and is not included in the medicinal product. The concentration of the 100 mg Telazol solution obtained is 100 mg of active substances in 1 ml of the drug.
Telazol 100 mg is used deeply intramuscularly with the following indications in doses:
– Clinical examination – 7-10 mg / kg;
– Short-term general anesthesia for minor surgical interventions – 10-13 mg / kg;
– Long-term general anesthesia for extensive and painful surgery